My Crochet Journey So Far

I learned to crochet when I was 16. My Great Grandmother was living with us at the time. She was a prolific crocheter. I had broken up with a boyfriend and was moping around the house. My Grandmother couldn't stand it so she sat me down and taught me how to crochet. She taught me how to crochet the granny square and let me tell you that that was the HUGEST granny square afghan that anyone has ever made! I just kept going and going and going! I slowly branched out from making afghans to making sweaters and other things. I don't intend to post patterns because these are not my original designs. I just thought it would be fun to have some sort of record of what I have made and who it went to.

Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010-Pocketbook Slippers

The first pattern I tried of these was so frustrating and unclear that I gave up. I went searching through all of my patterns for slippers and wasn't seeing anything that I wanted to make. So I went online and found this pattern. It was simple and each slipper took less than an hour to make. I am going to have to adjust them though. The pattern said they fit a size 9 but I'm thinking not. I wear a size 6 and they barely fit me. But I thought they turned out cute and I want to make a few more pair for different people for Christmas. I think I will have to put a note with them to let them know they are slippers though as they do look like little purses!

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute. You can slip and slide all over your wood floors now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me to the site where you found the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=addictedtocroche;id=44;url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomespunjenn.blogspot.com%2F2006%2F01%2Fanother-pattern.html Here you go Sandie. I hope this helps. I used a size I hook.

      Delete