My Crochet Journey So Far

I learned to crochet when I was 16. My Great Grandmother was living with us at the time. She was a prolific crocheter. I had broken up with a boyfriend and was moping around the house. My Grandmother couldn't stand it so she sat me down and taught me how to crochet. She taught me how to crochet the granny square and let me tell you that that was the HUGEST granny square afghan that anyone has ever made! I just kept going and going and going! I slowly branched out from making afghans to making sweaters and other things. I don't intend to post patterns because these are not my original designs. I just thought it would be fun to have some sort of record of what I have made and who it went to.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Afghan-October 2011

For a friend for Christmas. Two colors of sage and cream. 80 squares total. Took about 2 weeks to complete. Sewing it together was a day long process.

3 comments:

  1. 2 weeks????? That's IT????????????
    That would take me a few MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I crochet, but NOT as fast as you do! Wow! I can't believe 2 weeks! Wow! Unbelievable!
    Yes, stitching them ALL together takes a LONG time!
    You have 1 lucky friend! I hope she knows what she got from you! Amazing!
    BEAUTIFUL! Just BEAUTFIUL!!!!!!!!
    Laurie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was for a friend of my daughters and she loves it. She couldn't believe that I made her a blanket. I had made a blanket for her sister's wedding and the whole family cuddled in it before the sister moved out! So I made this one to take it's place :)

      Delete