My Crochet Journey So Far

I learned to crochet when I was 16. My Great Grandmother was living with us at the time. She was a prolific crocheter. I had broken up with a boyfriend and was moping around the house. My Grandmother couldn't stand it so she sat me down and taught me how to crochet. She taught me how to crochet the granny square and let me tell you that that was the HUGEST granny square afghan that anyone has ever made! I just kept going and going and going! I slowly branched out from making afghans to making sweaters and other things. I don't intend to post patterns because these are not my original designs. I just thought it would be fun to have some sort of record of what I have made and who it went to.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6, 2011

Matching sweaters and headbands for my grand daughters for Christmas. I thought they turned out cute!

 

Here they are wearing their sweaters for church:

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could crochet sweaters as nicely as you do! You do a beautiful job!
    Somehow I get my sweaters SO gigantic! I tend to stitch largely, unless I am stitching a doiley! I have NO problem with those! I LOVE doilies! They are my favorites!! I would crochet doilies like crazy! I have SO many of them, but it's like a plague! You MUST crochet them! They turn out SO beautiful! A lot of people don't like them, but on the center of a table, the are extraordinar! When they see them on the table,THAN theirmouths are watering and they wish they could crochet!
    The funny thing is I can't teach them! I'm left handed! That IS why some of the patterns take so long. I have to turn the stitches around at times!
    There is an AWESOME DVD on crocheting if anyone is interested! I see it in ALL the craft stores, can't remember who puts it out there, but there is one on Crocheting and one on Knitting and it's only like $5.97! They are AWESOME!!! ONE day I want to learn to knit. My Mom knit but I have not picked it up. I love crocheting to much!
    Keep on keeping on!
    Laurie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Laurie! I crochet HUGE! I have to use a smaller hook for patterns to turn out right. And WOW, you crochet doilies? I love them, but hate to crochet them. And a lefty? My cousin is a lefty and taught me a couple of patterns. It was difficult learning, but it helped that I knew how to crochet already. It was just a matter of doing the opposite of what she did I think.

      Delete
    2. And KNITTING? I tried it once and it was not fast enough! I was too slow and the finished product took too long so I will stick with crochet.

      Delete