My Crochet Journey So Far

I learned to crochet when I was 16. My Great Grandmother was living with us at the time. She was a prolific crocheter. I had broken up with a boyfriend and was moping around the house. My Grandmother couldn't stand it so she sat me down and taught me how to crochet. She taught me how to crochet the granny square and let me tell you that that was the HUGEST granny square afghan that anyone has ever made! I just kept going and going and going! I slowly branched out from making afghans to making sweaters and other things. I don't intend to post patterns because these are not my original designs. I just thought it would be fun to have some sort of record of what I have made and who it went to.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Olaf Snowman-September 2017

Olaf head and face-the eyes and mouth and tooth are all made out of felt and glued onto the crocheted head

Uhoh, Olaf in pieces! A friend said I should connect him with buttons so that he could be taken apart!

Finished Olaf

All 3 Frozen characters together


I was looking for a pattern for Olaf and I wanted a bit bigger than what this pattern called for. I couldn't find another pattern that I liked better that was bigger. So I doubled the yarn and I used a size K crochet hook and he turned out to be a comparable size to the dolls so I was happy. 

These are going to be Christmas presents for my 2 granddaughters and my grandson. Hope they enjoy them! I thought they all turned out cute. 

I got the pattern for Olaf here: One Dog Woof Her instructions were pretty good. There is some "free crochet" that has to be done for the nose. That means you just kind of have to "wing it" to the best of your ability. Not sure I'm overly happy with my rendition, but it will work. I would have preferred to crochet the eyes and the mouth and tooth, but wasn't sure how to "free crochet" those so I went with the felt look instead. The pattern calls for animal eyes, but I don't like using those so I just made up some felt eyes. He does look cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment